Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Meal Plan, recipes, and Product rave

Nick recently gave me a new cast iron grill pan for my birthday. I love to grill indoors, but my old pan was a tremendous pain to clean! This pan is wonderful! If you haven't discovered the ease and yumminess of indoor grilling, go out and get yourself one of these 10" Emeril Grill pans from B, B, and Beyond for $25. You will fire up the outdoor grill a little less often.

Monterey Chicken

2-4 chicken breasts (pounded thin- this is pretty important anytime you use a grill pan)
BBQ Sauce- I always use Corky's when using a bottled sauce.
shredded cheddar cheese
crumbled bacon- I purchase the pre-cooked crumbled bacon found in little bags near the salad toppings at Kroger. Kroger brand works just fine, too. Feel free to cook your own bacon, but to me it's just a waste of time for a recipe like this.


A couple of hours before gilling, allow pounded chicken breasts to marinate in the fridge in BBQ Sauce. Just make sure both sides are coated well.

When ready to cook, preheat grill pan to med-high heat. Spray with a non-stick spray for easier clean up, and place your chicken on the grill. Wait until the edges turn white before attempting to flip or your chicken will stick. You will grill chicken until it is no longer pink in the center. Transfer grilled chicken to an oven-safe dish and top each piece of chicken with 1-2 TBSP of BBQ Sauce, shredded cheese, and bacon crumbles. Broil in the oven until cheese is slightly brown.

You can garnish with chopped tomatoes and lettuce if you would like. This would also make for a delicious sandwich on a toasted bun.

Green Beans and Sliced New Potatoes-
effortless side dish that is really quite good. **not a low sodium recipe :)

1 can of cut green beans
1 can of sliced new potatoes, rinsed and drained
enough water to cover beans and potatoes
1 1/2 TBP olive oil
4 beef bullion cubes
generous amounts of cracked pepper

Combine the above ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and allow to simmer for about 40 minutes.

Weekly Meal Plan

My cooking is definitely winding down to to the ever growing belly. However here is what's on the menu this week.

Monday:
Germantown Commissary BBQ and potato salad
Tuesday: Ladies Night Out with friends @ American Cafe (BBQ leftovers for Nick)
Wednesday: Chicken Casserole and Green Beans
Thursday: Chicken Parmesan over Angel Hair Pasta

1 comment:

  1. Anna, thanks for the great ideas, and I miss being in touch with you too! We should be coming into town in the next couple of months. I would love to drop by and hold your baby (probably "babies" by the time I come). I remember being pregnant with Forrest, and I would rank that time as one of the toughest for me in my whole experience of motherhood. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete