Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Love of all things ALDI


If you know me well at all, you know I love shopping at Aldi. For years I drove right by and never stopped in. But these days, I try to make it once a week and it saves me tons of money. If you haven't given it a try, please do. (now I did recently have a friend tell me she doesn't like Aldi because it smells like a Dollar Store!- love you Lauren) But to me, it's a complete rush when I see how much I get for the small amount of $$.

My favorite things...

1. My weekly Produce purchases - Strawberries and Blueberries (only $0.99 this summer), canteloupes, bell peppers, lettuce, grape tomatoes, grapes, and corn on the cobb.
Most of these fruits and vegetables are at least 1/2 the cost of Kroger and are so fresh.

2. Chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein Meal Bars- I eat these most mornings for breakfast. They are yummy and very filling.

3. All of my toddler friendly foods (cereal, chicken nuggets, fruit, fish sticks, string cheese, crackers, etc)

4. Smoothie ingredients- Light Vanilla Yogurt, frozen fruit (the mixed berries and pineapples are my favorite), honey, fresh spinach, and milk.

5. Frozen Veggies (asparagus, green beans)

6. Fusia Asian Cuisine Mandarin Orange Chicken- this find has quickly become a staple at our house. We used to get chinese take-out at least once a month, but this has quickly replaced that. This was our dinner tonight. Serve it over rice with some green beans, delish! We have determined that the entire meal comes out to less than $2 a person. $5 a bag, and we eat it for 2 meals. Add the rice and green beans, and that's a pretty cheap meal for something so yummy!


7. Random things: each week they have various RANDOM items in the center of the store. The prices are great and are things I would never expect to find at a grocery store.
Last weeks purchase: 2 really sturdy pool floats (the lounge chair kind with armrests for $5 a piece. If you have priced these before, you know that is a STEAL.
Today's purchase: 2 nice pillows (2 for $8) Our guest room needed new pillows, so now we have them!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there. But, if you love a deal like me, and like stress free grocery shopping, stop by Aldi.


1 comment:

  1. I think you should work for Aldi.

    Although my Aldi does smell like The Dollar Store, I love a good deal! I might need to push through the smell and give it another try :)

    ReplyDelete