Monday, June 13, 2011

Whatever-floats-your-boat

My mom taught me growing up that there was nothing wrong with an occasional "whatever floats your boat" menu for dinner. I recall it usually being on Sunday nights after church. Mom usually had hot meals on the table during the week, but these nights were pretty much about fending for yourself. I have embraced this concept thoroughly.

Often times we are satisfied with a big bowl of salty buttery popcorn. Microwave popcorn has pretty much become a "no-no" at our house. I received this wonderful little invention a few Christmases ago from my sister-in-law. If you appreciate a good bowl of pop corn, pick one up. Oh, and don't be shy with the butter and salt. This is NOT a health food. There are plenty of other recipes for that.

1 comment:

  1. I saw these advertised on TV and thought they looked really cool! So glad you have one....because it only reconfirms that our taste in "As Seen on TV" items are still the same. Ever since that Ron Popeil Food dehydrator!!

    ReplyDelete