Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekly Meal plan and a Great new Recipe!



I think one of the biggest blessings of being plugged into a Sunday School class is being able to serve others. We have definitely been on the receiving end of that since Graham has been born. We were first showered with TONS of diapers and wipes at our shower and then we have been overwhelmed with delicious food the last 2 weeks. So, my weekly meal planning was put on hold, but it's time for me to start cooking again!

I decided to pull out Bellevue's Seasoned with Grace cookbook and try a few new things this week.

Monday- Grilled Flank Steaks and Pan Fried Asparagus
Tuesday- Cheesy Beef and Shells Casserole and green beans
Wednesday- Aunt Jo's Chicken Rolls
(I picked this recipe simply because of the name. "Aunt Jo" is what my nieces and nephew call me. I thought it was funny that it was the name of the recipe. If it's good, I'll have to have them over next time)
Thursday- Garlic Lovers Chicken and and Baked Apples

My mom shared a delicious recipe with me last week. Nick and I thought it was delicious, and it will definitely be a "go-to" recipe. It is simple, and yet definitely good enough for company. You should give it a try. I actually cut the recipe in half because it serves 6-8.

Red Apple Inn Chicken and Rice

6 chicken breasts
6 slices of bacon
1 small package of sliced beef (located near the deli meat)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
3 oz. cream cheese
rice

Season chicken with pepper and wrap in bacon. Place beef in bottom of pan and top with bacon-wrapped chicken. Mix together soup, sour cream, and cream cheese. Pour over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for an hour @ 350. Remove from foil and allow chicken to brown. Serve over cooked rice.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I heart the Red Apple Inn! I think I will try this recipe as well, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those meals sound so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete